APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED for appointment to the post of
Teaching Assistant Level 2 or 3 / HLTA / Unqualified Teacher
ROLE: EARLY LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FACILITATOR
FOR THE EASTWARDS CONSORTIUM
Hours: 32.5 FTE, part time/ job share will be considered Full year
Contract type: Fixed term from September 2021 till June 2023 (22 months)
Eastwards Consortium is a very large consortium of schools situated on the East of Birmingham. In total, there are 26 primary schools with 53 form-entries across the consortium, and the successful candidate would be expected to work with colleagues from each of these schools and forms of entry, as well as supporting Early Years and Secondary providers with the project where appropriate.
The Primary Head Teachers of the Consortium are seeking to appoint dynamic, creative and experienced facilitators in order to support the Project Leader in the development of the Developing Local Provision Early Language Development project to strengthen the current SEND provision of the schools. The successful candidates will work closely with colleagues in selected schools to develop the use of Wellcomm, or an alternative toolkit (Talk Boost, NELI), to support children with language development difficulties.
We are looking for practitioners who:
- have a high level of experience of working successfully with the Wellcomm Toolkit
- have EYFS experience
- has an understanding of how to organise and use a Communication & Language Toolkit within a school
- has an understanding of how to engage most effectively with families in developing the programme at home
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- can build positive relationships with pupils and their families
- can work both alongside colleagues as well as independently, using their own initiative
- can adapt quickly and show a strong commitment to meeting individual school’s needs
- have a commitment to consortium improvement, and the partnership between schools
- have the ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of the children
- a positive, supportive and enthusiastic group of Head Teachers, committed to achieving the best for all pupils.
- a committed Steering Group who would be available to offer ongoing support and guidance
- a great opportunity to develop your professional skills
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment week beginning 6th September 2021, although it would be preferred if some work regarding the project, alongside the Project Leader and the Steering Group, could take place prior to the start of the academic year.
To apply, please complete an application form available to download below, please include a A4 letter indicating why you believe that you would be a suitable candidate for the role. All letters should be no longer than 1 side of A4; you may choose to use bullet points to outline your suitability.
The job description and Person Specification is also available to download below.
Applications should be sent to Mrs H Mallard, School Business Manager at Sladefield Infant School, via email, to email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 5th July 2021
For further details, please contact Mr R Meadows, Head Teacher at Sladefield Infant School, on 0121 327 0662.
Interviews to take place on Tuesday 13th July 2021
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.