Be happy, be healthy, be safe, always do your best!  

Safeguarding Parent/Carer Questionnaire Report - February 2022

I wanted to share my joy at the Safeguarding survey results that we've had. There are lots of positives, but my absolute favourite was that EVERY parent/care who completed the survey said that their child was happy at school - that's what school is about, isn't it?!

Here are some other very pleasing stats:

98% said their child feels safe and secure at school (the other 2% answered 'don't know')

96% said they understood that safeguarding was the school’s highest priority (other 4% answered ‘don’t know’)

98% said that they know they could speak to someone at school if their child was having a problem (the other 2% answered ‘don’t know’)

96% felt that the school site was kept safe (other 4% answered ‘don’t know’)

96% felt that the school controlled who entered the school site so that no-one who shouldn’t enter the school could enter the school (other 4% answered ‘don’t know’)

There are a couple of areas that we will be focusing on to improve further as quite a few parents felt that their child would not speak up if they had a problem; some didn't think their child knew how to stay safe online; some did not think their child would know what to do if there was a fire in school.

We will be posting more regularly on Class Dojo about some of things we are doing to promote safeguarding with the children in school.

Finally, a BIG thank you to those parents/carers who took the time to complete the survey - your feedback was very valued and appreciated!