Be happy, be healthy, be safe, always do your best!  

Working in Partnership with Parents/Carers and Families

The Department  for Education has produced a guide on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND).
As a parent or carer of a child with special educational need or disability, it can be difficult to know who the best person is to get help and advice from.  A Parent Link Officer is a member of Birmingham Local Authority whose job it is to help parents to identify and make links with the right person, at the right time.  For further details, click below:

Birmingham's Local Offer

At Sladefield, we are proud of the strong relationships we have with parents and families. Communication is at the heart of our practice and we are always looking for ways to get engage and involve parents and families in their child's progress.  

We welcome any feedback and ideas on how we can improve further. 

Birmingham’s Local Offer Website

Here you will find help, advice and information about the services available for your child or young person from birth to 25 years with a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND). 

Below are links where you will find lots more information on the services that are available to support all areas of your child or young person’s life.  This includes support with education, physical and mental health, social care, leisure activities and moving towards independence and adulthood.