APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED for appointment to the post of
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
GRADE 3 (£20,903 TO £27,041 PRO RATA)
30 HOURS PER WEEK, TERM TIME ONLY
Sladefield is a large four-form entry inner-city outstanding Infant School with 360 pupils aged 4 to 7 years old on roll, situated in the Ward End area of Birmingham. The Head Teacher and Governors at the school are seeking to appoint a dynamic, creative and experienced Family Support Worker to strengthen the current pastoral provision of the school. The successful candidate will work closely with teachers and other support staff to support children with varying social, emotional, sensory and/or nurturing needs, and their families.
This is a new role in the school, and will see the successful candidate working alongside the current pastoral team to create a ‘safe space’ for children who are facing social, emotional or behavioural challenges. It will also require close liaison with the families of those children in order to create a complete support network for the child.
We are looking for someone who:
- have a proven track record of working within the pastoral area of a school
- has a good knowledge of the social, emotional, sensory and nurturing needs of pupils
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- can build positive relationships with pupils and their families
- can work both alongside colleagues as well as independently, using their own initiative
- can adapt quickly and show a strong commitment to meeting children’s individual needs
- have a commitment to whole school improvement
- be committed to the partnership between the school, Governors, parents/carers and the community
- have the ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of the children
- have a commitment to the ethos of the school
- a positive and enthusiastic staff, committed to achieving the best for all pupils.
- a caring, creative atmosphere, which achieves high standards.
- a bright, cheerful, well-resourced and maintained school.
- happy, motivated, well behaved children.
- parents who work in partnership with us and appreciate, value and support the school.
- a great opportunity to develop your professional skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment on Monday 7th June 2021 (the beginning of Summer 2nd)
Informal visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed; visits would be in line with the school’s current COVID-19 Risk Assessment guidelines.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd April 2021, 12 noon
For further details, application form or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Mrs H Mallard, School Business Manager, on 0121 327 0662. Application forms, job description and person specification available to download below:
Interviews to take place on Tuesday 4th May 2021.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Sladefield Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. Successful applicant(s) will need to provide evidence of their Identity and Right to Work in the UK.
Completed applications should be email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Sladefield Infant School, Bamville Road, Ward End, Birmingham, B8 2TJ.